This is smooth and creamy no-bake chocolate cheesecake is filled with
chopped snickers bars and has a buttery graham cracker base. It’s so easy to
make. No cracking, no water bath—no fuss!
Hi! Just popping in to share the recipe for this No-Bake Snickers Cheesecake! This easy chocolate cheesecake is quick to make and can be made ahead. There's a graham cracker crust, topped with a thick layer of creamy chocolate no-bake cheesecake, stuffed with chopped Snickers bars. You really can't go wrong with homemade no-bake cheesecake. I have a few easy, homemade cheesecake recipes on my site - this delicious No-bake chocolate cheesecake recipe or this No-bake Passionfruit Cheesecake are both also so good!
No Bake Snickers Cheesecake components
This no-bake snickers Cheesecake is super easy to make - there's only two components, then a few bits and bobs for finishing it off!
- Graham Cracker Base - Super simple, our old mate Graham. Graham cracker crumbs are mixed with a wee bit of sugar and a pinch of salt, then melted butter is added. You want it to look like wet sand.
- No-Bake chocolate cheesecake - This is a slight riff on this recipe of mine. I lightened it up a bit, and then folded through some chopped up Snickers bars. It's smooth and creamy, and perfectly chocolatey. Just so, so good.
- Cheesecake Toppings - add whatever you like here. I chopped up some more snickers bars and added some roasted salted peanuts. I also added some flaky sea salt. If I had some salted caramel sauce in my fridge that would have been amazing drizzled on too to drive home the caramel component of snickers.
How do you make a graham cracker crust?
Graham cracker crusts are super easy to make, and can be used in a bunch of different ways.
- Make your graham cracker crumbs. I prefer to make graham cracker crumbs in a food processor, but if you do not have one, put the graham crackers into a bag and hit with a rolling pin until you get crumbs. I like to sieve the mix to take out any large bits.
- Add butter. It is important to make sure that your graham cracker crust is the right consistency.
- Mix to combine. Once your crumb crust is combined, press it into the pan then leave to chill in the fridge while you make your no bake cheesecake filling.
Different brands of graham crackers have different levels of absorbency, so some will take more or less butter. It needs to be the consistency of wet sand. Mix the butter in then check your consistency, then adjust if needed.
Best no bake cheesecake filling
There are two ways to make a no-bake cheesecake (that I have used anyway) - either setting it with gelatine, or setting it with chocolate. I use gelatine in my no-bake cheesecake bars, but the chocolate works great here. It gives it more of a whipped finish than the gelatine set. I love both, so it's nice to be able to have some variation, or have a gelatine free option if you're making this for someone who is vegetarian!
The other nice thing about no-bake cheesecakes aside from the fact that they are super easy to make, is that they don't crack! Baked cheesecake can crack due to the eggs in the recipe or from overmixing, and you have to muck around with a water bath. There's none of that here. No-bake cheesecakes are the best.
What kind of pan is best for cheesecake?
When making a cheesecake it is important to use a pan where it will be easy to remove once done. A lot of cheesecakes are made in a spring form pan, so you can just pop the whole thing out, but I prefer to use a square pan double lined with parchment paper, extending over the sides to form a sling. This means when the no bake cheesecake has fully set, you can pull it out using the parchment paper as handles. I made this no bake snickers cheesecake in a 9" square pan - if you want to scale the recipe you can use my scaling calculator.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good substitute for Graham Crackers?
If you can't find graham crackers, you can use digestives, or wine biscuits (if you're in NZ), or a mix of both! I would do some digestives and maybe some malt biscuits for a malty base. You may need to adjust the butter quantity a little to account for different biscuits.
Can Cheesecake be made ahead of time?
Yes, this No-Bake Snickers Cheesecake is perfect for making ahead, in fact it needs a few hours at least in the fridge so I usually do overnight just to be safe. Just keep the pan wrapped in the fridge until you are ready to serve, or you can slice ahead of time too if you need to.
What is heavy whipping cream?
Heavy cream, or heavy whipping cream, is the cream you use to make whipped cream with. In NZ it is just the regular cream you get at the supermarket.
What is the best cream cheese to use for cheesecake?
It is important that you use full fat cream cheese when making cheesecake, as it relies on it for structure. I prefer cream cheese that comes in the blocks. Cream cheese in the UK often has a little more moisture than US cream cheese, so if you are in the UK maybe reduce down the second measure of cream just to make sure your cheesecake batter isn't too loose.
Tips and tricks for snickers cheesecake
- There are two measures of cream in the recipe. The first gets whipped, and the second measure goes in as liquid to help loosen up the mixture.
- I topped this with roasted salted peanuts and more snickers, and some flaky sea salt. If you have some salted caramel on hand that wouldn't be a bad idea either.
- When you cut this, try and dodge the toppings. They can catch and drag down, giving a messy cut. I moved them out of the way when I made the cut then popped them back afterward when I was cutting this to shoot.
- The topping for this is a bit lighter than a traditional cheesecake. Make sure it is completely set before slicing.
For more no bake cheesecake recipes, check out:
❤️ Made this recipe and love it? ❤️
I would LOVE for you to leave me a review and star rating below to let me know how you liked it! Also, please make sure to tag me on Instagram!
This is smooth and creamy no-bake chocolate cheesecake is filled with chopped snickers bars and has a buttery graham cracker base. It’s so easy to make. No cracking, no water bath—no fuss!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 400g graham crackers, processed until crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 260g unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- 375g heavy cream
- 450g cream cheese, at room temperature.
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250g dark chocolate (I used 72%), melted and cooled slightly
- 225g chopped Snickers bars
- 175g heavy cream, liquid (see a few wee tips)
- Roasted salted peanuts
- Additional chopped Snickers
- Flaky Sea Salt
GRAHAM CRACKER BASE
- Grease and line a 9” square pan with two pieces of parchment paper, extending over the sides to form a sling. Place the graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a medium bowl. Add the salt and butter, and mix to combine - it should have the consistency of wet sand.
- Pour the base into the prepared pan, and pat down until smooth using the bottom of a flat glass or measuring cup, ensuring that it is an even thickness. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
CHOCOLATE NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE FILLING
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the first measure of heavy cream just until stiff peaks start to form. Transfer to a large bowl until ready to use. Do not worry about washing the mixer.
Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla bean paste, and salt on medium high speed until light and fluffy and well combined, 2-3 minutes.
Add the melted cooled chocolate, and mix to combine. Add the second measure of cream (liquid), and beat until incorporated.
Add the chocolate cheesecake mixture to the bowl with the heavy cream, and carefully fold to combine, taking care not to deflate too much. Add the chopped snickers, and mix until incorporated.
Spoon the filling over the base, and spread with an offset spatula until the surface is smooth. Bang the pan on the counter a few times to remove any large air bubbles. To get it extra smooth, you can run your offset spatula under warm water, then dry off and use to smooth the surface.
Loosely cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap, ensuring the plastic wrap does not touch the surface of the filling. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or up to overnight.
- Use the sling to remove the cheesecake from the pan. Carefully remove the parchment paper. Scatter the top of the cheesecake with chopped snickers, roasted salted peanuts, and flaky sea salt.
- Cut into squares using a knife that has been run under water and dried off.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Keywords: Cheesecake, Snickers Cheesecake, no-bake cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake