Fluffy brioche dough is layered with spicy tomato pesto and parmesan, then twisted into an easy but beautiful star bread which is perfect for tearing and sharing.
A few wee tips for Pesto Star Bread
I did my first proof overnight which helped a lot when it came to rolling out the dough - having it slightly chilled makes it a lot easier to work with.
I find it easiest to roll out all the pieces of dough in one go and then assemble together, but if you like you can roll them one at a time as you assemble.
- Mix this up if you like. Add different cheese, you could add chopped up olives, whatever you like!
For more recipes with Pesto, check out:
- Tomato and Ricotta Pesto Pull-apart Buns
- Laminated Brioche Pesto Buns with Lemon, Parmesan, and Walnut
- Pretzel Bites with Whipped Feta and Vegetable Pesto Dip
- Mushroom and Sundried Tomato Pesto Pie
MADE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE IT?
I would LOVE for you to leave me a review below to let me know how you liked it! Make sure to tag me on Instagram if you make it!
Thank you so much to Filippo Berio for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own.