Super quick Brownie Frosting comes together in less than five minutes with only four ingredients. It is super thick, and the perfect frosting for brownies!
- 190g powdered sugar, sifted
- 20g cocoa, sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 45g unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 25g freshly boiled water (weigh after boiling)
- Combine the powdered sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl, then add the butter and mix until it is coated. Add the boiling water, and mix with a spatula until the butter is incorporated and the mixture is homogenous.
- Switch to a whisk if needed to get any lumps or remaining pieces of butter.
- Use immediately - this is a crusting frosting so it does not store well and needs to be used straight away.
Keywords: Brownie Frosting, chocolate frosting, brownie icing