This Easy Passionfruit No Bake Cheesecake has a graham cracker cheesecake crust, a passionfruit cheesecake filling and passionfruit curd topping. This is the perfect easy dessert with no baking required.
- 200g passionfruit ‘pulp’ or juice (no seeds)
- 140g granulated sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, cold from the fridge is fine
- 100g egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean paste (optional)
- 45g reserved passionfruit seeds (optional)
Graham Cracker Crust
- 400g graham crackers
- 60g Sugar
- 175g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ tsp salt
Passionfruit No Bake Cheesecake Filling
- 300g plus 120g cream
- 2 tsp (6g) powdered gelatine
- 450g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 130g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place all ingredients except for the seeds into a medium saucepan. Place over low to medium heat and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly, until the curd has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon and when you run your finger through it it leaves a clear track.
- Remove from the heat and strain through a sieve then add the reserved seeds. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly against the surface of the curd and place a lid on the container. Leave in the fridge to cool completely.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Grease and line a 9” square pan with two pieces of parchment paper, extending over the sides to form a sling. Place the graham crackers and sugar in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the crackers resemble fine crumbs, then transfer to a medium bowl. Add the salt and butter, and mix to combine - it should have the consistency of wet sand.
- Pour the base into the prepared pan, and pat down until smooth using the bottom of a flat glass or measuring cup, ensuring that it is an even thickness. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
FILLING AND ASSEMBLY
- In a small pot over low heat, combine the 120g measure of cream and gelatine. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or using an electric mixer, whip the 300g measure of cream until soft peaks form. Transfer into a bowl. There is no need to wash the mixer between the cream and cream cheese mix. Whip the cream cheese and sugar in the mixer using the paddle attachment until smooth. Add the vanilla and salt and beat to incorporate, then add the gelatine and cream mixture and mix well.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add 200g of the cooled passionfruit curd and fold to incorporate. gently fold the softly whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the filling over the prepared base, tapping to remove any bubbles, then spreading with an offset spatula. Spread the remainder of the curd over the surface of the and using a swirling motion, gently mix it into the top section of the filling using a spoon, then bang the pan on the counter to flatten off the top of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 3 hours or until set. Using the parchment paper as a sling, remove the cheesecake from the pan. Cut into squares using a knife that has been run through hot water and then dried before cutting.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
Keywords: Passionfruit, Cheesecake, No Bake Cheesecake, Passionfruit Curd