Funfetti Cookies are a classic soft and chewy sugar cookie, filled with sprinkles. Easy vanilla cookies bake up soft and puffy, and require no chilling time before baking. These funfetti cookies are dotted with rainbow sprinkles, which makes them super fun and colorful, and gives them a deicious funfetti flavour. These homemade funfetti cookies are perfect cookie for any occasion!
- 225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 280g granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 295g all-purpose flour (see notes for flour quantity depending on what sprinkles you are using)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3g (1 tsp) salt
- 60g sprinkles of your choice (see notes for the ones that I used)
- Additional sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350°f / 180°c. Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper (you may have to bake these in several batches depending on how many trays your oven can tolerate).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Add to the mixer, and then add the sprinkles, and mix on low until just combined.
- Using a 2 Tbsp cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. I like to do 6-8 on each sheet - start with 6 to make sure that they will not join together, and then move to 8 on the next sheet once you know how much they spread.
- Roll each ball of dough between your hands to form a ball, then roll in the sugar before placing on the baking sheet. Leave any mixture that you are not baking off just yet in the bowl and scoop just before baking.
- Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes or until puffy and set around the edges. Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 10 minutes - the cookies will deflate as they cool. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Repeat the baking process with the remaining cookie dough.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
A note on Jimmies - It seems as if they are not as substantial as the confetti sprinkles that I used, so if they do get used, the final cookie comes out a little thinner. If you are using Jimmy Sprinkles, increase the flour quantity to 330g.
Keywords: Sugar Cookies, Sprinkle Sugar Cookies, Funfetti Cookies, Funfetti Sugar Cookies