These easy blueberry muffins with a streusel topping can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries. This is the perfect homemade blueberry muffin!
- 150g sugar
- 95g Flour
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) water
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 55g unsalted butter, cold
- 250g All purpose flour
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) Cinnamon
- 100g Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 110g unsalted butter
- 250g whole Milk
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 225g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Combine all ingredients until crumbly. Rest in the fridge until needed.
- Preheat oven to 440f/220c. Grease a 12 hole muffin pan. Sift the first five ingredients into a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a small pan, melt the butter. Allow to cool slightly, then add the milk and the egg, and whisk lightly to mix.
- Mix the blueberries with the dry ingredients and toss well to combine. Make a well in the centre. Add the wet ingredients, and mix carefully to just combine. The dry ingredients should be just damp. Take care to not over mix.
- Divide between the 12 pans, and top with the streusel topping or cinnamon. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the tops spring back. If you are using frozen berries, adjust the cooking time by five minutes.
Adapted From 'Alison Holst'