Black Bean Brownie
- ½ cup rolled oats (choose gluten free oats here if required)
- 1 ½ cups of cooked black beans, or one 15oz / 425g can, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp good quality Dark Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180c. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Blitz the oats in the food processor until they resemble a coarse powder. Add the beans, maple syrup, and the coconut oil and pulse until a smooth paste is reached.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring after each 30 seconds, until smooth. Add and mix well. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the brownie is just starting to set. Cool in the tin. The brownie will firm up nicely if left a few hours or overnight in the fridge. Serve with Greek yoghurt or whipped coconut cream, either by the slice, or stacked into baby cakes!