This Easy Zucchini Bread Recipe is great to use up any extra zucchini. The Brown Butter Zucchini Bread is perfectly moist and is topped with a brown butter streusel topping. This zucchini bread recipe comes together quickly and is perfect for any time!
- 250g unsalted butter, cold from the fridge is fine
- 100g raw sugar / turbinado sugar
- 95g all-purpose flour
- 40g old fashioned oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- 55g brown butter, melted
- 140g brown butter, melted
- 100g light or dark brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 280g all-purpose flour
- 250g grated zucchini
- Place the butter in a medium saucepan, and place over medium heat. Cook until the butter has melted, and then continue to cook, swirling the pan often, until the butter foams and turns golden brown and nutty - this should take 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slightly. This is the brown butter to be used throughout the recipe.
- Combine all ingredients except for the brown butter in a medium bowl.
- Add the butter and stir with a spatula until it forms a clumpy mixture.
- Set aside while you prepare the zucchini bread.
- Preheat the oven to 350°f / 180°c. Grease and line a loaf pan with parchment paper, extending the parchment over the sides to use a sling. I used a pullman pan (see notes in blog post about pan size)
- In a large bowl, combine brown butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined and the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Combine the cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Add to the wet ingredients and fold until almost incorporated.
- Add the grated zucchini and fold to mix. Take care to not over mix - only mix until everything is just combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the surface of the batter. It will look quite thick - do not worry.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store leftovers lightly wrapped at room temperature.
Zucchini Bread Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Keywords: Zucchini, Brown Butter, Streusel, Zucchini Bread