Small Batch Vegan Banana Muffins are super quick to make. These Easy Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins come together easily with no special ingredients. This small batch Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe only makes six muffins and is easily adaptable!
- 120g Plant based milk (I used Oat)
- 75g granulated sugar
- 55g neutral oil
- 7g (1 ½ tsp) apple cider vinegar
- 7g (1 ½ tsp) vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 145g all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3g (1/2 tsp) salt
- 140g very ripe banana, diced (not mashed)
- 60g dark chocolate, roughly chopped, plus extra for the tops if desired
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top.
- Preheat the oven to 350°f / 180°c. Grease and line a muffin pan with 6 liners or make your own from parchment paper squares and press into each cavity.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, sugar, oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the chopped banana and mix to incorporate, then fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 6 muffin cups - they don’t rise loads so don’t worry if they look full. Sprinkle the tops with extra chocolate and turbinado sugar.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 22 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Keywords: Vegan, Vegan Muffins, Easy Muffin Recipe, Banana Muffins