VANILLA BEAN SHORTBREAD
- 225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 125g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp Heilala Vanilla bean paste
- 270g all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 300˚f / 150˚c. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla bean paste until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Sift together the flour, corn starch and salt, and add to the mixing bowl. Mix on low until combined.
- Turn out the dough onto your work surface and divide into two. Shape into two rectangle shaped logs, then using a sharp knife, cut slices approximately 1cm (0.4”), and place on the prepared lined baking sheets, leaving room for spreading.
- Bake the shortbread for 30 to 35 minutes, rotating the pans half way through, until very lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheets for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.