This honey caramel corn is super easy to make and keeps very well in an airtight container, making it the perfect make-ahead treat!
- 12 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 470g dark brown sugar
- 300g honey
- 450g butter, chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Flaky sea salt, to finish
- Preheat the oven to 350˚f / 180˚c. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the popcorn between them.
- Place the brown sugar, honey and butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Stir to combine, and continue to cook until the mixture registers 248˚f / 180˚c on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat and carefully add the vanilla and salt. Stir well to combine then carefully add the baking soda, and mix in well (be careful as it will foam). Pour the caramel evenly over the two trays of popcorn, and mix well to combine.
- Bake the trays of popcorn for 10 minutes, switching the trays once half way through the process. Remove from the oven and stir to redistribute the caramel and ensure that the popcorn is evenly coated. Sprinkle generously with flaky sea salt to taste.
- Leave to cool completely before breaking into chunks. Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from The Cook and Baker
Keywords: Caramel Corn, Honey Caramel Corn, Honey Popcorn, How to make caramel corn