Coconut Ice is a no-bake coconut fudge, made by mixing together shredded coconut and condensed milk. It is made two-tone by mixing food colouring into half - you can make this any colour that you like!
- One can (400g) condensed milk
- 500g sifted powdered sugar
- 390g (5 cups) unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a few drops of red or pink gel food colouring
- Grease an 8" x 8" square tin and line with a parchment paper sling. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the food colouring. Mix using a stiff spatula or your hands. Add milk a teaspoon at a time if needed to form a slightly sticky cohesive dough. Divide the mixture in half, and press half into the tin, smoothing with your fingers or an offset spatula.
- Add a couple of drops of food colouring to the remaining half, and knead to evenly distribute. Spread over the white mixture, pressing down and smoothing. Leave for a few hours to set in the fridge before cutting into squares with a warm knife. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Slightly Adapted from Nestle
Keywords: Coconut Ice, sweets, coconut fudge