Rocky Road consists of tempered chocolate surrounding mix-ins. You can mix and match with whatever mix-ins you would like!
- 500g white and pink marshmallows (I used home made, cut into 1/2" pieces)
- 500g chopped sugar cookies (I used home made, from this recipe)
- 200g dried cranberries
- 1.5kg (3 lbs 5 oz) good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 35g Freeze Dried Raspberries (optional)
- Flaky Sea Salt, to finish
- Grease a 9" x 13" pan, and line with parchment paper, leaving some extending over the edges to form a "sling".
- In a very large bowl, combine the marshmallows, sugar cookies and cranberries, and toss to combine.
- Place a large heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, making sure that the bowl does not touch the water. Place 1kg (2lb 4 oz) of the chocolate in the bowl, and stir constantly until melted. Using a sugar thermometer, continue stirring the chocolate until it reaches 50˚c / 122˚f. Add the remaining chocolate, remove from the saucepan, and continue to stir until the remaining chocolate is melted and the chocolate temperature reduces to 29˚c / 84˚f. (this may take 15-20 min).
- Place back on the pot of water, and bring up to 32˚c / 90˚f. Once it has reached 32˚, pour over the marshmallow and cookie mixture, and stir well with a spatula to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, and smooth down with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with crushed freeze dried raspberries and flaky sea salt. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and leave to set overnight. Cut into chunks using a warmed sharp knife. Store in an airtight container
Recipe Adapted from The Cook and Baker
Keywords: Rocky Road, Homemade Marshmallow, Tempered Chocolate