Easy cookie icing only has 2 ingredients and takes minutes to make. This homemade icing can be used to decorate any cookie recipe, and is perfect for beginners or baking with kids!
- 300g powdered sugar, sifted
- 45g whole milk, cold from the fridge is fine.
- Place the powdered sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add the milk. Whisk well using a fork or a whisk until the cookie icing is a smooth consistency.
- Add more milk or more powdered sugar until you get the desired consistency.
- Use immediately - this is a crusting icing so you need to make sure that it is not exposed to air for too long so that it does not go crusty. I like to transfer mine to a piping bag to use straight away.
- Once the cookies are decorated, place onto a wire rack and leave to dry at room temperature for at least a few hours, until the icing is set.
Keywords: cookie icing, easy cookie icing, icing recipe