Strawberry Shortcake Macaron Philadelphia Style Ice Cream
Ice Cream Base
- 500g (2 cups) heavy Cream
- 150g (¾ cup) granulated sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 250g (1 cup) whole milk
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
Strawberry Shortcake Macaron Mix-ins
ICE CREAM BASE
- Combine 250g (1 cup) of the Cream, Sugar, and salt in a small pot, and heat over low heat, stirring gently, until warmed through and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the rest of the cream, the milk, and vanilla bean paste. Transfer to a container, and place in the refrigerator until completely cool.
- Place a loaf pan or whatever vessel you are going to use to freeze the ice cream in the freezer (A loaf pan works well for layering).
- Churn the ice cream base in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Layer about a third of the churned ice cream into the loaf pan. Top with a few dollops of the strawberry filling, add 3-4 broken up macaron shells, and sprinkle with a handful of the pie crumb. Add another third of the ice cream, and repeat the layering process. Add the final third, and then garnish with a few macaron shells, a couple of dollops of filling, and some pie crumb.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap, and transfer to the freezer until totally frozen, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
Ice Cream Base Slightly adapted from The Perfect Scoop