These Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies are dairy free and small batch. They come together quickly in one bowl, and are filled with puddles of chocolate. These cookies don't require a stand mixer, are super adaptable, and you can add in any mix-ins that you like. They are crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle, and will quickly become your new favourite cookie!
- 75g Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 90g Muscovado Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 20g Turbinado (Raw) Sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 145g All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped, plus extra for the tops (I used a mixture of milk and dark)
- Preheat the oven to 325°f / 165°c. Line 1-2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer or a whisk (or you can use a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment), combine the Filippo Berio Delicato Olive Oil, muscovado sugar, granulated sugar, turbinado sugar, and egg. Mix on high speed for about a minute, until the mixture is well combined. Add the salt, espresso powder, all-purpose flour, and baking soda and fold in by hand using a rubber spatula.
- The dough will seem a little oily and may take a little work to come together - this is ok! Add the chopped chocolate and mix to incorporate.
- Scoop out 3 Tbsp balls of dough (about 75g per ball) and roll into rough balls. Press additional chocolate onto the top of each ball if desired.
- Bake the cookies for 16 to 17 minutes, until the edges are set. Remove from the oven and tap the baking sheet briefly on the counter to deflate the cookies slightly. If you would like them perfectly round, use a cookie cutter slightly larger than the cookies to scoot them into a round shape. Finish with flaky sea salt. Allow to cool on the sheet pan for about 20 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: Caramel Corn, Caramel Popcorn, Tahini Caramel Corn