Homemade Pumpkin Bars are the perfect pumpkin treat. This easy pumpkin bar recipe is soft and moist, and loaded with chocolate chunks.
- 225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 225g pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin, or see notes)
- 270g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 340g semisweet chocolate chips (I used a mix of dark and milk chocolate, chopped), plus a little more for the top, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°f / 180°c. Line a 9" x 13" (23x33cm) pan with parchment paper with an overhang around the sides and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until creamy and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Then, add the egg and vanilla and stir until well combined, about 1 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Add to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate and mix until incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Add extra chocolate on top if desired. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Then, use the parchment to lift the bars out of the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 15 bars and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Keywords: Pumpkin Bars, pumpkin chocolate Chip bars, Pumpkin chocolate bars