These Peanut, Pretzel and Potato Chip Cookies are from Rachel Connor's new book, Bakerita. They are Refined Sugar Free, Gluten Free, and Dairy Free, and can be adjusted to suit your liking.
- 50g (1/4 cup) refined coconut oil, softened
- 50g (3 Tbsp) creamy peanut butter
- 75g (1/2 cup) coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, or one flax egg (see notes)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 125g (1 1/4 cups) blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 40g (1/2 cup) lightly crushed potato chips
- 60g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 20g (1/4 cup) lightly crushed pretzels
- 35g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°f / 180°c. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the coconut oil, peanut butter, and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients and stir until well incorporated. Fold in the potato chips, chopped chocolate, pretzels, and peanuts.
- Use a large cookie scoop of spoon to form rounded cookies. Put them on the baking sheet and gently press to flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. It is best to let these cookies cool completely for the best texture.
Recipe reprinted with permission from “Bakerita”
Keywords: Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pretzel Cookies, Potato Chip Cookies