Olive Oil Chocolate Tart with Olive Oil Chocolate Press In Crust
Olive Oil Chocolate Press In Crust
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 65g heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 85g Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Egg wash - 1 egg, lightly beaten
Olive Oil Chocolate Filling
- 300g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 250g dark chocolate (I used 65%), finely chopped
- 70g Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 380g heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
flaky sea salt, chocolate crisp pearls (optional)
CHOCOLATE OLIVE OIL PRESS IN CRUST
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Add in the heavy cream, yolks, and Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and mix well with a spatula until it forms a homogenous dough.
- Turn out the crust into a 9” tart pan with a removable bottom. Line the pan with the crust, pressing it evenly around the sides first before pressing the rest over the bottom of the tart pan to form an even crust. Use your hands or the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to flatten the crust.
- Prick the crust all over with a fork, and then transfer to the freezer for 30 minutes to chill. This step can also be done the day before and the crust frozen overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°f / 200°c. Place the frozen tart crust onto a sheet pan, and line with a piece of crumpled parchment paper. Fill the parchment paper with dried beans or pie weights, filling right up to the edge of the crust.
- Bake the crust on the sheet pan for 25 minutes or until the edges are set (the base of the crust will not look done), then remove from the oven and remove the parchment paper and blind baking beans. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, until the crust is dry and set. Remove once more from the oven and brush the sides and bottom of the crust (do not do the top edge) with the beaten egg, then bake for a final 10 minutes until the egg wash has set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE FILLING
- In a medium heat proof bowl, place the chopped milk and dark chocolate, Filippo Berio Delicato Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and salt. Place the heavy cream and vanilla bean paste in a small saucepan, and bring to just shy of a boil, stirring frequently.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and olive oil mixture, and cover the bowl with a plate. Leave to stand for 5 minutes to allow the cream to melt the chocolate, and then remove the plate.
- Whisk the mixture until it comes together and is smooth and homogenous. Pour into the prepared tart shell and smooth down with an offset spatula.
- Transfer the tart to the fridge and chill for at least two hours, or until set.
- If desired, finish the tart with chocolate crisp pearls and flaky sea salt.
- Allow the tart to stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing with a knife that has been run under warm water and dried off.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.