These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies use oil rather than butter! After 15 minutes, they emerge from the oven deliciously chewy, soft and super flavorful! Packed with chopped chocolate and old fashioned oats, they're quick to make, and require no rest or chill time. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt to finish.
- 75g Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil
- 90g Muscovado Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 20g Turbinado (Raw) Sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp (3g) kosher salt
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 90g All-Purpose Flour
- 75g old fashioned oats
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped, plus extra for the tops (I used a mixture of milk and dark - make sure you choose a dairy free chocolate if keeping these strictly dairy free)
- Flaky Sea Salt to finish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°f / 165°c. Line 1-2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer or a whisk (or you can use a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment), combine the Filippo Berio Extra Light Olive Oil, muscovado sugar, granulated sugar, turbinado sugar, and egg. Mix on high speed for about a minute, until the mixture is well combined. Add the salt, espresso powder, all-purpose flour, Oats, baking powder, and baking soda and fold in by hand using a rubber spatula.
- The dough will seem a little oily and may take a little work to come together - this is ok! Add the chopped chocolate and mix to incorporate.
- Scoop out 3 Tbsp balls of dough (about 80g per ball) and roll into rough balls. Press additional chocolate onto the top of each ball if desired. Arrange on the pan - these are quite big so I did 4 cookies on one pan and 2 on another just to leave room for spreading.
- Bake the cookies for 16 to 17 minutes, until the edges are set. Remove from the oven and tap the baking sheet briefly on the counter to deflate the cookies slightly. If you would like them perfectly round, use a cookie cutter slightly larger than the cookies to scoot them into a round shape. Finish with flaky sea salt.
- Allow to cool on the sheet pan for about 20 minutes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Dairy Free, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cookies