Crisp apples coated in a thin layer of toffee candy
- 200g sugar
- 50g water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 40g honey
- Red gel food colour (if desired)
- 8 Rockit Apples
- Wash the apples well, remove the stems, and place a stick into each. Place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, until the sugar has dissolved, then add in the water and the honey. Cook until it registers 300°f / 150°c on a candy thermometer, then add in the food colouring and whisk to combine.
- Carefully coat each apple by dipping into the sugar mixture. Allow excess to pour off, then place onto the parchment paper to set.
- Best eaten on the day that they are made.
Keywords: toffee apple, caramel apple, halloween, candy apple