These Small Batch m&m cookies are soft and chewy, and filled with m&m candy. The recipe comes together quickly and requires no chill time. This m&m cookie recipe uses melted butter and has an egg yolk chocolate chip cookie base for a perfectly chewy cookie!
- 100g unsalted butter, melted and cooled (re-weigh after melting and add a little extra butter if needed)
- 120g light or dark brown sugar
- 45g granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature (about 45g egg yolk)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 135g all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2g salt (1/2 tsp kosher salt)
- 180g m&ms plus a few more for the tops, optional
- 85g dark chocolate, chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 350°f / 180°c. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla. Whip well with a whisk or a handheld electric mixer until the mixture has thickened and lightened in colour slightly.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix to combine with a spatula until just a few streaks remain.
- Add in the m&ms and chopped chocolate and mix to incorporate with a spatula.
- Using a 2 Tbsp cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. If you do not have a cookie scoop, the balls of dough should weigh approximately 60g each. I do 6 per sheet and bake one tray at a time. You are welcome to do both at once if you trust your oven.
- Gently roll the dough into balls and space apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until they are set around the edges and lightly golden brown. If you like them a little more done, bake them for closer to 12 minutes, if you like them still quite soft, start checking after 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and, if desired, take a cookie cutter slightly larger than the cookie and use it to 'scoot' the cookies into a perfect circle. Bang the pan lightly on the counter to help the cookies deflate.
- Repeat the baking process with the remainder of the cookies.
- Leave the cookies to cool on the pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: Cookies, m&m cookies, small batch cookies, egg yolk chocolate chip cookies