Kiwifruit and Mango Popsicles. Creamy Kiwifruit whipped cream and smooth mango puree are combined into this perfect popsicle. These pops are gluten free and super refreshing, and are great for using up summer fruit. There is no cooking required - simply blend up your fruit and you are ready to go!
Kiwifruit Whipped Cream Layer
- 110g cubed Kiwifruit (peel first, then cut into chunks)
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 100g heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 Kiwifruit, chopped into wedges, optional
- 575g chopped mango
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
KIWIFRUIT WHIPPED CREAM LAYER
- Place the Kiwifruit chunks and lemon juice into a blender, and blend until smooth. In a small bowl, combine the heavy cream, sugar, and salt, and whisk until the cream is thick and holds stiff peaks. Stir in the Kiwifruit puree and mix to combine.
- Insert the sticks into the popsicle molds and place on a sheet pan. Divide the Kiwifruit cream between the molds, spooning it into the base of the mold and smoothing down with a spoon. Arrange the kiwifruit wedges in the mold - I use them to help prop up the sticks.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, until the whipped cream layer has firmed up.
MANGO PUREE LAYER
- Place the mango, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Divide between the popsicle molds, smoothing over with an offset spatula.
- Freeze the pops for at least 4 hours or overnight before popping out of the molds. Store in an airtight container in the freezer - place a piece of wax paper between the layers of the pops.
Heavily adapted from 2011 issue of ‘Cooking Light’
Keywords: Kiwifruit, Mango, Popsicles, Frozen, Ice Cream Pops, Kiwifruit and mango popsicles, gluten free