These Double Chocolate Kit Kat Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for using up Halloween candy. They are soft and chewy in the center and slightly crunchy around the edges, and are filled with chocolate chunks and chopped Kit Kat.
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp (250g) Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (120 grams) Baker's Corner Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup (200g) Baker's Corner All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup (80g) Baker's Corner Baking Cocoa, sifted
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 21 snack sized Kit Kat bars from Jumbo Pack (300g), coarsely chopped, plus extra for the tops (optional)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp (150g) Baker’s Corner Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350°f / 180°c. Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, and mix to combine, scraping down the edges as needed.
- Add the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda, and mix until just combined.
- Add in the chopped Kit Kat and chocolate morsels and mix until just incorporated. Mix a few times by hand with a rubber spatula to ensure that the mix-ins are evenly incorporated.
- Using a 1/4 cup cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough out onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough space for spreading (I can fit 6 per half baking sheet).
- Press additional chopped Kit Kat onto the tops of the balls.
- Bake the cookies for 16-17 minutes, until slightly set around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and scoot into shape if desired (see notes).
- Repeat the baking process with the remaining cookie dough balls.
- Allow to cool on the pans for 15-20 minutes before transferring to a baking rack and allowing to cool completely.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: Kit Kat, Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Double Chocolate Cookie, Halloween