Easy Homemade Kettle Corn is sweet and salty, and can be made in ten minutes with just four ingredients. Add sprinkles for a fun twist on the original kettle corn recipe, or keep it simple for a quick and delicious snack.
- 4 Tbsp popcorn Kernels
- 25g (2 Tbsp) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp Confetti sprinkles (optional)
- 2 Tbsp neutral oil such as canola or grapeseed oil
- Measure out the popcorn kernels, sugar, and salt into a small bowl. If you are add ing sprinkles, measure out the sprinkles into a second small bowl and have ready. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and have nearby.
- Place the oil in a large heavy bottomed pot. Place 3 popcorn kernels into the oil and place over medium heat. When the kernels pop, it means that the oil is hot enough to use.
- Add in the kernels, sugar, and salt, and mix well with a rubber spatula to combine the oil and sugar. Place a lid on the pot (ideally one which is see-through), and place over the heat.
- Shake occasionally until you hear the kernels starting to pop, then shake continuously, in back and forth and circular motions, removing the pan from the heat as necessary.
- Once you hear the popping start to slow down (about 2 seconds between pops), remove from the heat. If you are adding sprinkles, quickly add them. Stir to incorporate well with a rubber spatula, then transfer the popcorn to the lined sheet pan and spread out, and leave to cool.
Store kettle corn in an airtight container.
If you are not using kosher salt, you will need to use less salt (see note above recipe)
This is one of the few recipes of mine that is not in grams, as the ratios are not as important.
If you want to make a double of this recipe I suggest making it in multiple batches to avoid burning the sugar.
Keywords: Kettle Corn, Funfetti Kettle Corn, Funfetti, Popcorn