Funfetti Kettle Corn (Sprinkle Kettle Corn) - this sweet, salty snack is the perfect fun treat. Kettle corn is made on the stovetop, and crunchy confetti sprinkles are added for a funfetti twist. This Kettle corn recipe is easy, and is great for making with kids.
- 4 Tbsp popcorn Kernels
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp Confetti sprinkles
- 2 Tbsp neutral oil such as canola or grapeseed oil
- Measure out the popcorn kernels, sugar, and salt into a small bowl. Measure out the sprinkles into a second small bowl and have ready. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and have nearby.
- Place the oil in a large heavy bottomed pot. Place 3 popcorn kernels into the oil and place over medium heat. When the kernels pop, it means that the oil is hot enough to use.
- Add in the kernels, sugar, and salt, and mix well with a rubber spatula to combine the oil and sugar. Place a lid on the pot (ideally one which is see-through), and place over the heat.
- Shake occasionally until you hear the kernels starting to pop, then shake continuously, in back and forth and circular motions, removing the pan from the heat as necessary.
- Once you hear the popping slow down, remove from the heat and quickly add the sprinkles. Stir to incorporate well with a rubber spatula, then transfer the popcorn to the lined sheet pan and spread out, and leave to cool.
Store in an airtight container.
Keywords: Kettle Corn, Funfetti Kettle Corn, Funfetti, Popcorn