Discs of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter are stuffed into the middle of a no chill chocolate chip cookie for the most perfect peanut butter stuffed cookie situation.
- 150g Fix and Fogg Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 160g muscovado sugar or dark brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 60g dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 320g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 325g dark chocolate from a bar, coarsely chopped, plus about 75g extra for putting on top (optional)
- Flaky Sea Salt to finish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°f / 190°c. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper (you will bake the cookies in batches, four per sheet).
- Mix the Fix and Fogg Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter well to ensure it is evenly incorporated. Scoop out 2 tsp blobs and space evenly on one of the parchment paper lined baking sheets. Transfer to the freezer and freeze for 20 minutes while you prepare the cookie dough.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars on high speed for 5 minutes, until pale, and light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix to combine, scraping down the bowl when necessary.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the mixing bowl, and mix on low to just combine - you want some streaks of flour remaining.
- Add the chopped chocolate and mix until just incorporated. Remove the bowl from the mixer and give a few mixes by hand using a flexible spatula, to ensure even incorporation of the chocolate.
- Remove the peanut butter blobs from the freezer. To assemble the cookies, scoop out two 2-Tbsp balls of dough. Flatten both into discs, slightly larger than your blob of peanut butter. If you are adding chocolate to the top (see notes), do that now and make sure the side with the chocolate will be facing outward - I like to add the chocolate, turn the disc over, and then add the peanut butter blob to the other side.
- Take a blob of the peanut butter and place it onto one of the discs, then top with a second disc. Pinch the edges together to seal in the peanut butter, then gently round it and place it onto the baking sheet. Repeat another three times until you have four cookie dough balls - space evenly on the baking sheet. Return the blobs to the freezer until you are ready to assemble the next batch.
- Bake the first batch of cookies for 13 to 14 minutes, until golden brown and the edges are set. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Repeat the assembly and baking process with the remainder of the cookies.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: peanut butter stuffed cookie, stuffed cookie, chocolate chip cookie, peanut butter, dark chocolate peanut butter