This easy cream cheese frosting for cinnamon rolls is quick to make and can be used as a cream cheese icing on any homemade cinnamon roll recipe!
- 115g Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 225g Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 250g Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1-2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Place the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or into a large bowl. Mix on medium speed until well combined, 1-2 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, heavy cream, and salt, and whip until light and fluffy, a further 1-2 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. Re whip briefly before using to get to a spreadable consistency.
Keywords: cream cheese frosting, frosting, cream cheese icing, cinnamon roll frosting