Chocolate Sprinkle Sugar Cookies. These chocolate sugar cookies are thin and chewy, and rolled in sprinkles instead of the traditional sugar, which gives them a perfect crunch and super cute rainbow sprinkle finish. These are similar to crinkle cookies, but the sprinkle coating makes them extra cute, and they are so easy to make!
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 50g dutch process cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 300g sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Sprinkles for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350°f / 180°c. Line three baking trays with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until combined. Add the flour and cocoa mixture, and beat on low until just incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop 2 tbsp worth of mixture at a time. Roll into a ball using your hands, then roll generously in sprinkles. Place on the baking tray, leaving plenty of room to spread (I had 6 cookies per baking tray).
- Bake one tray at a time for 11-12 minutes, until the cookies have puffed up and are beginning to crack on the tops, and the edges are set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking tray for 15 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookie recipe slightly adapted from The Vanilla Bean Baking Book
Keywords: sprinkles, sugar cookies, chocolate sugar cookies, sprinkle sugar cookies