Dairy Free Chocolate Loaf Cake is super easy to make. The easy chocolate loaf cake recipe comes together quickly, and is soft and moist. It is topped with a dairy free chocolate frosting. This is the perfect chocolate loaf cake!
Dairy Free Chocolate Loaf Cake
- 190g all-purpose flour
- 150g light or dark brown sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 2g (1/2 tsp) salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 145g plant based milk (I used oat milk)
- 80g Filippo Berio Robusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 130g boiling water
- 50g dutch process cocoa
- 1 tsp espresso powder or finely ground instant coffee
- 190g powdered sugar, sifted
- 15g dutch process cocoa
- ½ tsp espresso powder
- Pinch of salt
- 30g boiling water (you could also omit the espresso powder and use 30g hot, strong coffee)
- Preheat the oven to 325°f / 160°c. Grease and line an 8.5”x4.5” (21.5cm x11.5cm) 1 lb loaf pan with baking spray and a piece of parchment paper that extends over the edges to form a sling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, the plant based milk, and Filippo Berio Robusto Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- In a medium bowl (I use the same one I used for the wet ingredients), whisk together the boiling water, cocoa powder and espresso powder to form a smooth paste. Add to the batter and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 minutes to an hour, until the centre springs back when lightly pressed and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder and salt in a small bowl. Add the boiling water and mix until a spreadable consistency forms.
- Transfer the frosting to the top of the cake and smooth with an offset spatula. Finish with sprinkles if desired.
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: Loaf cake, chocolate loaf cake, dairy free, olive oil chocolate cake