This easy moist, carrot sheet cake is made with pantry staples and finished with a simple cream cheese frosting and piped frosting carrots.
Carrot Cake Snack Cake
- 1 cup (200g) Baker’s Corner Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) Carlini Grapeseed Oil or other Neutral Oil
- 5 Tbsp (75g) Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp (112g) Specially Selected 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 Simply Nature Organic Grade A Cage Free Large Brown Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (255g) Baker’s Corner All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 cups (270g) grated fresh carrot
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp (150g) Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 12oz (340g) Happy Farms Cream Cheese, Cold
- 5 cups (640g) Baker’s Corner Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Orange and Green gel food colour, if desired
- Sprinkles, if desired
CARROT CAKE SNACK CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350°f / 180°c. Grease a 9” square pan with baking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, grapeseed oil, melted butter, maple syrup and eggs and mix on medium speed until well combined and slightly lightened in colour, 2-3 minutes. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Add to the mixer and mix until just combined. Add the carrots and mix on low until just combined.
- Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake the snack cake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the centre springs back when pressed and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes then turn onto a wire rack.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese on high until pale and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and salt, and mix on low to combine (it will take a while for the mixture to come together but just be patient). Turn the mixer to high and beat for another 3-4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- If you want to pipe the carrots, remove a little of the frosting into two bowls and colour orange and green. Transfer to piping bags with the ends snipped off or fitted with small round piping tips.
- Spread the remainder of the frosting over the surface of the cake and add sprinkles if desired. Finish with piped carrots. Alternatively you could sprinkle the top with chopped walnuts or pecans, or lightly toasted coconut.
Keywords: Carrot Cake, Snack Cake, Cream Cheese Frosting, Piped Carrots, Carrot, Cream Cheese, Square Cake