S'mores Philadelphia style Ice Cream
Ice Cream Base
- 500ml (2 cups) heavy Cream
- 250ml (1 cup) whole Milk
- 150g (¾ cup) granulated sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 175g marshmallows, cut into large chunks (I used homemade, recipe can be found here)
- 4 graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 100g chocolate, chopped (I used Chocolate squares, broken into pieces)
- Combine 250ml (1 cup) of the Cream, Sugar, and salt in a small pot, and heat over low heat, stirring gently, until warmed through and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the rest of the cream, the milk, and vanilla bean paste. Transfer to a container, and place in the refrigerator until completely cool.
- Place a loaf pan or whatever vessel you are going to use to freeze the ice cream in the freezer (A loaf pan works well for layering).
- Churn the ice cream base in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. While the ice cream is churning, place the marshmallows evenly on a heat proof surface, and toast using a blow torch. Transfer to the freezer.
- Remove the loaf pan and marshmallows from the freezer once the ice cream base has finished churning. Layer about a third of the ice cream in the bottom of the pan. Top with a third of the marshmallow, dotting evenly across the surface, then crumble a graham cracker in fairly large chunks and add. Add about a third of the chocolate, distributing evenly. Top with the second third of the ice cream, and add more marshmallow, graham cracker and chocolate. Add the final third of ice cream, and top with the remaining mix in ingredients. Loosely cover with plastic wrap, and transfer to the freezer until totally frozen, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
Ice Cream Base Slightly adapted from The Perfect Scoop