Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 sleeves (290g) graham crackers or similar biscuit
- ¼ cup (35 grams) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 135g unsalted butter, melted
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Filling
- 550g good quality dark chocolate
- 180g smooth peanut butter
- 40g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp salt
- 380g heavy cream
Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- 135g (½ cup) smooth peanut butter
- 25g (2 Tbsp) Granulated Sugar
- 121g (½ cup) heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Preheat the oven to 350˚f / 180˚c. Place all the ingredients except for the butter in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the graham crackers resemble crumbs and the mixture is well combined. Transfer to a bowl and stir through the melted butter.
- Evenly press the crust into a 9" tart pan with a removable bottom. Use a glass or measuring cup to help you press it against the sides of the pan. Place the pan onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
DARK CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- Place the chocolate, peanut butter, butter and salt into a large heatproof bowl. Place the cream in a small saucepan, and warm over low heat until just shy of a simmer - you should see movement around the edges of the cream. Immediately pour the cream over the chocolate and butter, and cover the bowl with a lid or plate. Leave to sit for 5-6 minutes, then whisk vigorously to combine. The mixture will look like it has split to begin with but keep whisking - it will come together and go glossy.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the cooled crust. Place in the fridge for 1 ½ to 2 hours, or until the filling has set completely.
PEANUT BUTTER WHIPPED CREAM
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the peanut butter and sugar on medium - high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cream and continue whipping until the mixture reaches medium peaks. Watch carefully to ensure you do not split the cream. Scrape down the bowl if necessary. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a french star tip. Pipe blobs of peanut butter cream over the surface of the tart.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut with a slightly warmed knife. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Peanut Butter Whipped Cream from "The Fearless Baker"