Gluten Free, Dairy Free Peanut butter cookies
- 1 ¾ cup (490g) Smooth peanut butter
- 1 ¾ cup (350g) packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for finishing
- Preheat oven to 350f/180c. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together until uniform and well combined, and you cannot see any streaks of peanut butter. (I started with a whisk and finished with a rubber spatula).
- Place the bowl of mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Using a ¼ cup cookie scoop for larger cookies or a 2 Tbsp scoop for smaller cookies, scoop out portions onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving room for spreading. (I grouped them close together to begin with so they would fit in the freezer, then spread later for baking because we have a teeny freezer).
- Place the baking tray in the freezer for 15 minutes to allow the cookies to firm.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, and Bake for 19 to 22 minutes for large cookies, or 14 to 16 minutes for smaller, until golden brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before removing using a spatula, and cooling completely on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.